When you think of a gorgeous feminine body, you probably imagine Jennifer Aniston or Adriana Lima. It is all about being lean, and having good muscle tone and thin waist — without looking like a bodybuilder. And there are some exercises that can help women find a balance and stay fit and feminine.
We respect each and every girl and found 8 exercises that can be the key to your perfect body, and you can even do them at home. There is also a bonus for you at the end of the article!
1. Not just crunches, but crunches with twists
This exercise is called a Russian twist and it strengthens your core and obliques:
- Lie down on the floor and place your feet either under something to hold them or up in the air. Bend your legs at the knees.
- Elevate your upper body to make V-shape. Your arms should be in front of you and perpendicular to your torso.
- Twist your torso to the right side, then to the left side.
- Lie down. Try to complete a 30 second to 1-minute set.
2. Crunch chops with a light weight
This exercise will help you to improve your abs, upper back, hips, and glutes:
- Lie down with arms extended above your head.
- Raise your legs straight up in the air.
- Your hips and torso should make a 90-degree angle with your body. This is your starting position.
- Crunch upward and straddle your legs.
- Throw your arms through your legs. Pause and return to the starting position. Try to complete a 1-minute set.
3. Single-leg bridge chest press with light weight
By performing single-leg bridge with some weight you can improve the shape of your glutes and shoulders:
- Lie on your back with your arms extended over your chest.
- Slowly raise one leg off of the ground and extend your hands in the air.
- Lift your hips upward. Only your heels and shoulder blades should stay on the floor.
- Return back to the starting position and repeat for as many reps and sets as desired.
4. Plank row jack with dumbbells
A full body exercise! All in one:
- Start in a plank position. Your legs should be wider than hip-distance apart. Hold onto your dumbbells.
- Lift your left elbow to row with your core tight and your glutes engaged.
- Keeping your neck long. Return the weight to the ground and repeat with the right hand.
- Do 10 reps per arm, and repeat for 3 sets.
5. Jump squats
We need to sweat to lose fat. Squats will help you to build nice legs, but not too much muscle.
- Keep your hands behind your head.
- Push your hips backward while you bend.
- Your shoulders and arms should be straight.
- Lower your body and squat.
- Jump up explosively.
- When you land, lower your body back into the squat position.
- Try 3 to 4 sets of 15 reps.
6. Bridge with a ball
Bridge with a stability ball will help you to strengthen your lower back.
- Lie down with your face up.
- Bend your knees and place your feet on top of the ball.
- Press through your heels and raise your hips into the air by squeezing your glute muscles.
- Tighten your shoulders, helping to adjust the position. Slowly lower the hips back down to the ground, keeping the ball still.
- Try 3 to 4 sets of 15 reps.
7. Side planks with a knee tuck
Make your whole body work again! Side planks are very effective and help with spinal stability.
- Lie on your side and position yourself on your bottom elbow, helping stabilize yourself with the side of your foot.
- Lift your hips in the air. It should be a straight line from your ankles to your shoulders.
- Keep your torso stable and raise your top leg. Don’t change the angle of your body.
- Bring your top knee toward your chest. Hold for 30 to 45 seconds, then repeat on the other side.
8. Up-down planks
For a change, you can try a different type of plank, and still get the same effect.
- Get into a plank position keeping your arms and legs straight.
- You can begin with the right side first. Lower your elbow to the floor where your hand was. Then lower your left elbow to the floor where your left hand was. Pause for 30 seconds.
- Go back to the starting position and repeat starting with your left arm.
Bonus: Don’t use too much weight for your waist.
Your abdominals are a muscle and muscles grow. If you train every day like crazy and use heavy weights this muscle will get bigger and bigger and instead of a slim waist, you will see no waist. It is better to not overdo it with that and to do different types of planks that keep the entire body in shape instead of overloading the abdominals.